the filthy gorgeous stuff

I'm a student. I'm busy, with A Level work, so I'll do what I can to update as much as possible, every four to seven days. Plus the name of the blog is on a sticky note above my mirror in my bathroom, so I won't forget.

Monday 20 September 2010

Being ill is crap...

Had a bad day today - the ultimate bad day of all days.

I forgot my lunch. And my chemistry book. All this was realised before I got to the train station. So, not good. I tried to cheer myself up - I really really did - I even wore my jumper with the budgerigar on the front to try to make me happy, however, it was to no avail. So, the forgotten lunch, chemistry book and general tiredness (The Year of Living Dangerously was on BBC2 last night, and I love Sigourney Weaver films so...it didn't finish until 1am. Yeah.) I went to a supermarket to buy lunch, a cheeswich, and some Pepsi as a kind-of alternative. Normally a cheeswich and I'm happy, but no not today. Cheeswich at morning break made me feel kind of sicky.

This feeling of sicky continued into Biology, where actually, I didn't have the tolerance for people really. One particular person is rather into selling herself. Not in the 'prostitute/selling her body' sort of thing, but the 'I am so awesome. Much more awesome than you, shitbag festering hunk of loserness.' So I told her to shut up a couple of times and when she banged on about how much better than me she was I pulled faces behind her back. Or to her face, a few times.

At lunch, I actually had a really interesting, informative careers appointment with the new Careers Advisor. I have realised that I need to actually be thinking of this university thing, in the terms of 'What University do I want to go to' NOW. Which is odd, because it won't be for what 2 years? I don't know which uni I wanna go to. I've been to no open days, read no prospectuses, visited no websites. I really do feel sometimes as if the carpet has been ripped from under my feet, and I'm running to catch up with it.

So I went home after my double psychology, where my lovely psych teacher even commented that I 'looked a touch peaky'. Counted a morphed version of the Fibonnaci sequence in my head on the train home to stop any minor barf incidents on the plush red felt South West Trains seats. Came in, watched Gilmore Girls and have now sent out a glorious total of SIX work experiance letters to a variety of doctors practices within 10 miles of home. Oh what a life I do lead.

I think my blog is becoming rather dull and boring, just a load of words. So I have decided to put something, at the end of each post, which is making me happy today.

Blueberry, Strawberry, Kiwi, Raspberry pavlova. Meringue and a helluva lotta cream.

Since food has seemed to be my main problem today (I ate a whole bag of popcorn, several biscuits, prawn cocktail crisps, more Pepsi and a slice of that bloody pizza when I got home) I thought that 'What was the last piece of food which made me happy?' And then, I remembered. I made this in the summer, it was a family recipe and it was GORGEOUS. Seriously.

So, tomorrow brings possible illness, a new pair of boots to wear (They are suede. My luck means heavy rain tomorrow), Russian lessons and triple French first thing. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment